When Char Dham Temple Opens?
Gangotri and Yamunotri temples open every year on Akshay Tritiya which falls during the last week of April or in mid-May. The opening dates of Kedarnath ji are announced on Maha Shivratri day and Badrinath ji opening date is announced on Basant Panchami day.
When Char Dham Temple Closes?
Every year Gangotri and Yamunotri Temples close on Diwali and Kedarnath ji on Bhaiduj. The closing date of Badrinath is announced on Vijaydashmi (Dushhera)
which temples is trekking involved and how long does it take?
For Yamunotri vehicles go up to Jankichatti. Then you have to trek for 06 km to the Yamunotri temple. You can hire ponies, palkies and pitthus from Jankichatti.
After the June 2013 disaster, vehicles on the Kedarnath route go up to Sonprayag. From there you can hire sharing jeeps up to Gaurikund. From Gaurikund you have to trek for 16 km to reach Kedarnath. Earlier this trek was of 14 km. Normal healthy people take around 7-8 hrs to reach Kedarnath from Gaurikund. Or alternatively, you can also hire pony, palki or pitthus right from Sonprayag for Kedarnath
Motorable roads go directly up to Gangotri and Badrinath ji. You have to walk a few hundred meters from the vehicle parking area to the temples for darshan.
What is included in the tour
- Airport/Railway Station pickup and transfer
- Accommodation in double rooms with attached toilet and bath
- Breakfast & dinner in Deluxe Package
- Hot water facility
- Transportation as mentioned, Non ac vehicle during hill journey
- All taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch in Deluxe Package
- Meals in the Standard package
- Pony/Palki charges
- Helicopter charges
- Ropeway fare
- Priority Darshan charges
- Special Pooja charges
- Personal Insurance & emergency rescue charges
- Extra transport charges in the event of landslides
- Tips and any other expenses, which are not mentioned above
- Visit to Lakhamandal*, Trijukinarayan* & Kalimath*
- Day 1: Pick Up From Haridwar / Rishikesh Drive To Barkot Via Mussorie-campty Fall (210 Kms/07hrs)
- Day 2: Barkot / Yamunotri / Barkot -80kms/(Trek 5kms One Way)
- Day 3: Barkot / Harsil (180 Kms/04 Hrs)
- Day 4: Harsil / Gangotri / Uttarkashi (120 Kms 5 Hrs)
- Day 5: Uttarkashi / Guptkashi (240 Kms/09 Hrs)
- Day 6: Guptkashi / Gaurikund (30 Km /01 Hrs) / Kedarnath(Trek 18kms)
- Day 7: Kedarnath/ Gaurikund (Trek 18 Kms) / Guptkashi(30kms/-1hrs)
- Day 8: Guptkashi / Copta / Badrinath(220 Kms/08 Hrs)
- Day 9: Badrinath / Rudraprayag / Srinagar(165 Kms/6 Hrs)
- Day 10: Srinagar / Devprayag / Rishikesh/ Haridwar Drop
All sightseeing depends upon weather conditions, your arrival & departure time. If you want to visit all the places then you have to strictly follow the schedule timing.